Every fleet supervisor knows that a taken truck is quicker and simpler to find if it is geared up with a GPS tracking gadget. How likely you are to have actually a truck stolen depends on what type of freight you bring in your trucks. Exactly what remains in those trucks could account for more than six solid reasons to purchase GPS for trucks.
If your business deals with government contract to develop and deliver bombs and ammunition to military bases, those trucks could be at high threat as they walk around the nation. Finding a stolen truck quickly would be imperative. If, on the other hand, you are moving toothpicks and Popsicle sticks best gps for truckers, speed of healing might be lesser. But the worth of the cargo would matter to your company.
While speed of healing of stolen automobiles is the prominent need to install GPS for trucks, there are many other reasons that may be similarly essential to your performance as fleet supervisor and to the company. Among the other reasons for installing GPS for trucks are these five:
1. With GPS for trucks you will understand exactly where every truck is at every minute of the day or night. If you are the type of fleet manager who will not leave work up until you understand every truck is safely parked for the night, you will not have to wait for a call. If timing of deliveries is essential, you can stay on top of expected arrival times and notify customers when a motorist is ahead of schedule or behind. If you operate a fleet of service lorries, you understand which vehicle is closest to a client with a genuine emergency.
2. With GPS for trucks you will understand why it takes your delivery person an hour to get throughout town with an office supplies order when you drive it in 20 minutes every night to obtain house. That delivery person may not wish to inform you she is intentionally taking the longest and slowest possible path to lower her work load. But with the reports from GPS for trucks, you can prove that this is what she is doing.
3. Has someone reported seeing two of your automobiles parked at a bar 30 miles away every day at lunch time? Utilize the geo-fencing capability of GPS for trucks and receive an alert. Then print out a report at the end of the day to show where they have actually been when you dock their pay.
4. You can also use your GPS for trucks capabilities to keep track of maintenance needs of each If you get an alert when an issue begins, you will invest far less on fixing the problem than it would cost if the truck was sitting on the side of the road in the middle of no place.
5. Your GPS for trucks can also help you fix bad driving routines. You can arrange reports that will inform you to habitual speeders. You can examine to see who is aiming to drag race far from traffic signal in a 4 ton truck. You can also see who is leaving a car idling too long.
All of these chauffeur routines end up being costly to the business with time. If you can remedy the problems with a basic device that connects to the steering shaft, you can cut the associated costs. These are simply five of the methods GPS for trucks will make you and your fleet more productive, more effective and more environmentally friendly by conserving fuel. Saving cash for the business, making the group look good, and possibly making a raise, might be a sufficient reason to take a look at the value of GPS for trucks.